Hey Teach, I’m Stacey!
I’ve been a full-time teacher since 2001, teaching music to students in pre-school through high school, but my heart belongs in middle school. Yep, I’m crazy about my hormonal, angsty pre-teens… or I’m just crazy. Either way, I love what I do. Like many of you, I feel like being a teacher is more than a job.
Still, in 2012 I decided to try my hand at something else. Direct sales.
I was awful.
It was bad.
But before I quit, as a last ditch effort, I started a blog… and I really liked it! And once I stopped posting nonsense about my direct sales company that wasn’t going to happen, other people started to like it, too. When I actually made some money from AdSense, I was hooked.
And, when I say money, I mean $2. True story. My first month of AdSense made me $2.11.
Today that blog, Creating My Happiness, is still active and making consistent money for my family.
Since my blog took off I have tried another direct sales company (meh) and started a private coaching business and podcast (love ’em).
Along the way a made a lot of mistakes, wasted a lot of time, and spent some stupid money, and learned that I am a multipassionate person. That’s why Side Hustle Teachers was born. Because…
I want to live in a world where teachers…
- Have enough money to pay their bills, save for a rainy day, and afford nice things, like vacations and heat.
- Have the mental, physical, and temporal ability to pursue their passions.
I strongly believe…
- That the teacher as martyr expectation is harmful to teaching, teachers, and kids.
- Teachers should be not only allowed, but encouraged to pursue outside interests.
I am committed to…
- Helping teachers move beyond their limits, real and self-imposed, to create a life that is balanced, financially stable, and fulfilling in every way.
- Being an advocate for my colleagues who feel trapped and optionless.